* Universal application problems
* The use of metaphors, parables as instruments of therapy
* Method considers the human as a whole system
* the client has an active role in the process of therapy
* Short-termism / 15 to 20 sessions /
* Therapy is a future-oriented client
Very great merit of this method is its focus on the development and future. The method teaches us to shape the future through the acceptance of the situation. Taking full responsibility for live of everyone is helping to make concrete steps to change reality. This principle can be expressed like this: ‘If you want tomorrow you`ve never had, you have to do today what you’ve never done “.
Important principle of Positive Psychotherapy – is the principle of the uniqueness of the individual. Life has no standards. The diversity of the sources of human happiness lies in the fact that the use and receipt of pleasure may be “what is” in the moment rather than on what “could be.” The ability to see this as something that can make people happy, get their strength for a concrete step forward towards their goals and to obtain from this joy, makes everyone creator of his own ,, I ” and gives wisdom to life. Improving the client can be achieved gradually. The tool, that the client needs is called “patience”, because “Patience brings roses and impatience – neurosis”.
The method of Positive Psychotherapy helps people mobilize resources to make positive decisions. He teaches us not to fight with the world, but to accept it. The result is optimistic and joyful perception of yourself, your loved ones and life in general.
How does Positive Psychotherapy?
Three Principles of Positive Psychotherapy
- Principle of Hope, which focuses on human resources. It helps to feel his ability to take responsibility for everything that happens in his personal lives.
- The principle of balance, which examines the life of the client and development in four areas:
- Contacts (relationships);
- Future (fantasies, dreams, ideals).
The essence of this principle – the desire to restore the natural harmony.
The principle of self-help can only be used as part of a strategy of harmonization, adaptation and development of personality.Firstly, it does the therapist and then in the process of self-help, you use this for yourself or to help others: family members, colleagues and friends.
Existing conflict can be resolved remaining in isolation or excessive sociability, all the time.
The fourth area – fantasy. This is unreal world, but allows resolving the conflict through the “destruction” of the enemy, by pictures of a bright future. Fantasies help for sexual problems, problems in the workplace. This is the area of fantasy (or intuition, philosophy, religious ideas), that gives hope of success, decision on a risky step.
Positive therapy claims that a person is healthy when its energy is distributed equally among these four areas. In case that any of the fields is not properly designed, it will be the most vulnerable to external events that have a traumatic effect…
According to this theory, people to deal with the conflict must allocate energy in all four areas. By the way, it was noted people of Western culture, which focus more on the first two areas of life, and respond to conflicts in the firm and active, as well as representatives from the Eastern culture, in contrast, develop and respond to the other two – communication and intuition.
The work of the therapist with the client goes through five stages.
1. Distance from the conflict - it allows the patient to look at the problem sideways, not allowing partially to close the whole picture. After looking at the real situation, then it`s possible proceed to study the conflict. During this process, the problems are identified in all four areas, how everything affects the privacy of the patient, his environment, work and feelings.
2. Inventory – Asking questions about important issues in recent years, how they impact on health, occupation, partner, relationship, what were the relationships in the family.
After all, as the psychotherapists say, positive, healthy people are not those who have no problems, but those who know how to deal with them.